Stern-Center Potsdam is an established, dominant and well-branded super-regional prime shopping centre.
Due to its size, prime location with easy accessibility, and strong and well-diversified tenant mix, the centre has become the prime shopping destination for a very large catchment area comprising Potsdam, south-west Berlin and parts of western and southern Brandenburg (in excess of 840,000 inhabitants).
The Investment Strategy
- Acquired in 2011 by the ECE European Prime Shopping Centre Fund I
- Strong operational value creation since acquisition:
- Acquired adjacent building including anchor tenant (C&A)
- Increased centre occupancy to 100%
- Continued tenant optimisation
- Further upside expected following the completion of a planned mall refurbishment and restructuring/ re-leasing of units
- Transferred to the ECE Progressive Income Growth Fund in 2019