ECE Real Estate Partners
- We are part of the ECE Group and also fully owned by the Otto family
- Our assets under management comprise 24 prime shopping centres in seven European countries with a total fair market value of more than five billion euros
- Our fund management team consists of 30 real estate & investment professionals with an average of 15 years of relevant experience, leveraging off of the full breadth and depth of ECE’s European platform
- We have an exclusive focus on the acquisition of existing shopping centers with value creation potential in select European countries
- We have strong alignment of interest through significant capital commitments from the Otto family and from ECE executives
- We are the ECE Group’s exclusive retail real estate acquisition vehicles
- 100% privately owned by the Otto Family, with 3,400 property specialists located across 13 European countries providing leasing, centre management, revitalisation, construction and financing services
- Extensive relationships with international tenants and institutional investors provide access to transaction flow and financing
- “Hands-on” asset management expertise results in the ability to execute tenant mix optimisation, expansions and repositioning measures
- We leverage off ECE’s European platform for sourcing, due diligence, property management, leasing and back office support
Our Luxembourg-based subsidiary ECE Real Estate Partners S.à r.l. was among the first real estate investment managers to be licensed and fully authorized by the Luxemburg Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (“CSSF”) as an Alternative Investment Fund Manager (“AIFM”)
Managing Directors of ECE Real Estate Partners S.à r.l.
- José María Ortiz
- Yves Wagner
- Garvan Pieters
Meet the Management
Dr. Volker Kraft
- Prior to joining ECE in 2008 and the founding of ECE Real Estate Partners, Volker was a Director of Allianz Capital Partners GmbH, a private equity firm located in Munich, Germany, where he was a member of the management team and the internal investment committee.
- Volker has been involved in various stages of the private equity process, including the preparation and execution of leveraged buyouts, M&A transactions and mezzanine financings.
- Volker obtained a Doctorate in Finance from the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland, in 2000 and obtained a masters degree in Business Administration from the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland, in 1997.
- From 2009 to 2015, Volker served on the Board of Directors of DDR Corp. (now: Site Centers), a leading owner, manager and developer of market-dominant shopping centres in the U.S., as a representative for the Otto Family.
- In 2014, Volker was appointed to the Board of Directors of Sonae Sierra Brasil S.A. (now: Aliansce Sonae Shopping Centers S.A.), one of the leading developers, owners and operators of shopping centres in Brazil.
- Prior to joining ECE Real Estate Partners, Markus was Chairman Investment Germany and International Partner of Cushman & Wakefield. Markus has been involved in major retail real estate transactions in Germany, buy side and sell side, representing a total investment volume of more than 750 million Euro.
- Before he joined Cushman & Wakefield, Markus was 15 years with ECE Projektmanagement in different senior functions including Head of Business Development of ECE International and Director M&A. Markus has been managing several shopping centre developments in Germany and Eastern Europe and various shopping centre transactions in Germany, Italy, Spain and Denmark.
- Markus studied law at the University of Freiburg and the University of Mainz and obtained the 1st and 2nd state examination in law.
José María Ortiz
- Prior to joining ECE Real Estate Partners in December 2010, from April 2006 to December 2010, José María was Group Financial Controller at Hines in Luxembourg, where he was responsible for the co-ordination of the legal and tax structuring process of open-ended and closed-ended fund structures, co-ordination of acquisitions and disposals, finance and cash management, financial reporting, fee structuring, annual budget review and approval. In addition, during José María’s time at Hines, he held Directorship functions for Luxembourg limited liability companies.
- Prior to joining Hines in April 2006, José María worked from July 1999 to April 2006 at Arthur Andersen-Ernst & Young in Madrid and subsequently in Luxembourg and became a Manager in 2004. Whilst at Arthur Andersen-Ernst & Young, José María’s tasks included auditing Luxembourg closed-ended investment funds investing in the European Union in development and advising on the set up of different Luxembourg fund structures. José María obtained a degree in Economics and a PhD in Monetary Markets from the Universidad Complutense de Madrid in 1994.